Does your club struggle to register new members online? Are your current forms all paper-based? Do you wish these things were different?
Well, look no further than PaySubsOnline – we have the solution. Our admin management software allows you to build online forms that are used to store information about your members and for new members to complete when registering online.
- Our forms make it easier for prospective members to register with your club online, leading to increased membership.
- Thanks to our form builder, all forms are fully customisable meaning you can replicate your current forms, or improve them.
- With each group, there is the possibility for a unique form – if you want to have the same form as a different group though, they can be duplicated easily.
- Our system allows for multiple forms to be edited at once by amending the ‘Master Form’ – this can save a huge amount of admin time.
How it Works!
You can have different forms for different groups (for example, a form for the adults and a form for the juniors with guardian information) or a master form for all groups.
By creating a form, you are inputting the field headings (questions) that will appear:
- When you add an individual member to the system via the View Members section
- On the spreadsheet used to import members details onto PaySubsOnline.com
- On the online registration form
Creating a form for all groups
To apply a standard form to all groups within our admin software, select ‘Master form’ from the drop-down option then pick the relevant fields from the list on the left-hand-side. If a field is mandatory, click on the ‘Mandatory’ tick box next to that field.
To create a custom question that’s not on the pre-set list, click on ‘create custom question’, write your question, set whether it is mandatory and what type of answer best describes the reply:
- Free type – allows members to enter text and numbers freely, for example, a written reply such as a sentence or statement (if you expect a long answer then select ‘Multi-line’.
- Multiple-choice – set how many answers the members can choose from by clicking on the ‘Add More’ button. Set what kind of reply it is – one answer only or multiple answers.
- Date – for date related questions, select this option so members can select the date from a calendar box.
You can define whether fields are for ‘internal use only’ or ‘view only’ (i.e. members can see the field value but can’t edit it. For example, a membership number)
If your question has a long pre-word, you may want to insert a statement into your form or input a declaration. Simply select ‘Insert Statement’ from within the custom question box.
Creating different forms for different groups
To create a different form (from that of the master form) for a specific group, select the group from the drop-down list and edit. Once you change and save the form, that form them becomes independent of the master form. Therefore, if you subsequently make a change to the master form, it will not affect the new independent one. The only exception to this is if you change the property of a custom question (or statement), for example, the text of the question or answer type, then this change will apply to that question whatever group it appears in.
If you wish to copy a form from another Category / Group, first, select the one you want to copy the form to from the ‘Build/edit form for’ dropdown list. Then, select the Category / Group you want to copy from and click on the ‘Copy form’ button – this will copy and save the form.
Deleting fields from forms
To remove fields from the form, click on the ‘X’ in the grey box.
To permanently remove custom questions, click on ‘Edit’ in the grey box and then ‘Delete Question’.
To remove all fields from a form and revert back to the Master Membership List form, click on ‘Revert form back to master form’.
Inserting ‘Extras’ into forms
If you have setup ‘Optional Extras’, you can insert these into the form. To do this, select ‘Extras’ from the left-hand-side panel – it will then appear on the right-hand-side. Click on ‘Edit’, then select which Extras you want to appear on the form.
Different forms can expose different Optional Extras, so if you want to give the option for Adults to buy Large T-Shirts and Juniors to only see Small sized T-Shirts, you can.
Publishing forms for online registrations
You can decide which groups are made available for people to register for online – this option is at the bottom of the Registration Form Page. Just tick the group names you want to appear in the registration form group dropdown, and they will appear. Those that you don’t won’t!
Terms and Conditions / Code of Conduct
Below the list of group names is the link ‘Set terms and conditions’. This allows you to paste your organisations’ Terms and Conditions / Code of Conduct for members to agree to when they register online.
Add information box to the top of the registration page
This option appears on the toolbar and allows you to enter the information that will appear above the registration options on the registration page. This is useful for relaying instructions or information to prospective members.
Well, unfortunately, that’s everything we have for you today on customisable online forms within our admin management software! If you think your club could benefit from our admin management software’s form functionality (and its many other admin-busting benefits), we’d love to hear from you!
To book a free, no obligation tour of the software today to see it working in all its time-saving glory, click here! You won’t regret it – we promise.