After the relative calm of the Christmas break, we’ve been hard at it this month working on the new administrators screen (launching Feb – see details at the bottom of this post) plus adding and improving functionality. Here’s what we’ve been up to:
New password process
To further improve security, we’ve made a change to the password process. The reason for this is two fold:
1) Not all members were changing their system generated password on receipt to a personal one.
2) The system did not differentiate between a system generated password and a personalised password, so when a password reminder was sent, personal passwords were included in the email.
- The system will no longer generate system passwords
- The option to include a members password in an email has been removed
- When members go to access their account for the first time, they will be asked to create a password. When they submit their password, an activation link will be sent to their email address. Once they click on the link, they will be navigated back to the login page.
- If a member (or an administrator) forgets their password, upon clicking the ‘Forgot password’ link, they will be asked to generate a new password and go through the process as described above.
As we no longer publish the password field, you may need to adjust the wording of your email templates to take in to account the new process.
New email editor
We have integrated a new email editor that notably now gives the option to include images in the body of the email. To include an image click on the ‘Insert image’ button and then ‘Upload’ in the pop-up box:
The new email editor is also compatible with tablet devices.
Sending emails to linked members
We’ve added a neat feature (shown below the email editor in the screen shot above) that allows you to choose what happens when sending a group email that includes linked members. You can now choose whether to:
- Only send one email – this option prevents the system from sending the same email to all linked members (for example, all family members). Instead, just the lead member will receive the email. If the lead member is not in the recipient list then the email will be sent to one of the linked members (chosen alphabetically by first name).
- Send to all – selecting this option will mean all linked members in the recipient list will receive an email. This option is useful if you are including field data specific for that member (for example, date of birth).
New field to insert in to email
We have created a new field called ‘Link to member login‘ that can be inserted in to emails. This field is populated with the link to the member login page when the email is sent (saves having to go to the Admin page, copying and pasting the link in to the email).
Email verification for administrators
When a person is given access rights to any admin feature, they are now required to verify their email address. The process is:
1) Person is given access rights by the main administrator.
2) An email is sent to that person with a link for them to click and verify their email address.
3) Once the email is clicked the person will be able to access their new admin rights.
If the administrator changes the email address of a person with access rights then the person is required to verify their email address again before they can access the admin features.
If the person changes their own email address, they will be required to verify their new email address.
The accounting period helps you keep track of what’s paid, pending and outstanding for a period of time. If you don’t keep the accounting period current, recent financial information will be excluded from the payment reports. This has tripped a few clients up so we’ve now created an alert to make you aware the accounting period has expired. FYI, the accounting period is set in Admin > Settings.
In the next two weeks we will be releasing the new administrator and members login interface. The new interface is designed to simplify navigation and will provide the framework for us to make improvements so you can get the job done quicker.
For further information on how PaySubsOnline.com can help your membership organisation streamline the management of members and money, contact us today on email@example.com, call +44 (0)1892 771 276 or Skype PaySubsOnline.